Friday, September 14, 2007

A Question About Making Art

Not too long ago, I watched this crazy evangelist on one of those religious channels on TV. Now don't get me wrong, I love God and try to live in a way that is loving toward Him and other people. But, this TV preacher was way out there. He asked folks to send in $56.00 so that they could follow God's word and bring money into their lives. It was all based on a certain scripture that was located in chapter 56 of a book in the Bible. If the viewers sent in their money, they were promised they would see dramatic changes in their financial situation. Hmm. I can't know if the gullible received anything for their sacrifices but I'm sure this guy reaped a great reward for his teachings.

But in all this madness, the evangelist did offer some advice for attracting money which included finding a vocation that you can love. He asked the question; what is the one thing that you never get tired of doing? That one thing is what you are designed to do while you are on earth. So, here is my question; what is your obsession? If you could live, eat, breathe something, what would it be? It is creating, designing, making art?

1 comment:

Jefferson's Guardian said...

I truly don't know. I feel, in many ways, I'm a "new soul" searching, constantly searching, in this world. Although I have many interests, I don't feel the "obsession" to say I have an obsession, although I'm rather enamored with my yoga practice, and vehemently opposed to the corporate takeover of our democratic system.

Through your art, it sounds as though you may have found your obsession in life.

Best of luck with your blog!